Precision Rifle is taught over a three-day period for new or experienced shooters to learn the fundamentals of marksmanship and external components for successful long-range shooting. Participants will be challenged by moving throughout a course of fire to engage in long-range targets up to and exceeding 1500 yards.
This class is for MRAD / SMR / 98B in your caliber of choice. Rental rifles are available for use during this course. Ammunition (240 rounds), optic and shooting mat are included with the rental. (You can reserve a rifle during the registration process.)
Course topics include:
- External ballistics
- Data collection
- Range estimation
- Wind estimation
- Live fire on unknown-distance range
- Cleaning and maintenance
- Rifle set up
- Marksmanship fundamentals
- Scope theory
Class begins each day at 8:30 a.m. and generally lasts until 5:30 p.m. (If you plan to travel home by air on the last day, please be prepared to stay in class until 5:30 p.m.)
Note: Please come prepared to carry your gear to different long-range shooting positions during the course.
- Barrett rifle (zeroed at 100 yards)
- A minimum of 240 rounds of ammunition
- Quality scope with ranging reticle, i.e. Horus H59, Tremor 3, or EBR-7C, etc.
- Kestrel (if you do not have one, one will be loaned during the class)
- Shooting mat
- Gear Bag
- Notebook and pencil
- Calculator (cell phone)
- Cleaning equipment (solid rod, solvent, patches, lubricant)
- Hearing and eye protection
- Drinking water
- Weather appropriate clothing including rain gear (We shoot rain, shine, cold or hot.)
- Sand sock/ Rear bag
- Knee and elbow pads
- Insect repellent
- Hat, sunblock, & SPF lip balm
- Spotting scope & tripod
- Laser Range Finder
As with all our training, you can also contract Barrett to hold courses at your facility. Private and custom courses are also available for military/police entities. For more information, contact email@example.com.
Lodging is not provided. Lunch is provided for our courses and is included with the tuition. Lodging is available at the NRA Whittington Center or at Arena Training Facility but is subject to availability and you will need to contact them directly.