Long Range 50 is taught over a three and a half day period where new or experienced shooters learn the fundamentals of marksmanship used in long-range shooting. During the course participants will gain an understanding of the ballistics and data collection that correlates with engaging targets up to 1000 yards. Students will have the opportunity to engage a one mile target at the end of the course.
This class is for the .416/.50 caliber rifle platforms only. Rental rifles are available for use during this course. Ammunition (110 rounds), optic and shooting mat are included with the rental. (You can reserve a rifle during the registration process.)
Course topics include:
• Cleaning and maintenance
• Rifle set up
• Marksmanship fundamentals
• Intro to data collection
• Basic ballistics
• Scope theory
Class begins at 8:30 a.m. and generally lasts until 5:30 p.m. (If you plan to travel home by air on the last day, please be prepared to stay in class until 5:30 p.m.)
- Personal or rental Barrett rifle (zeroed at 100 yards)
- A minimum of 100 rounds of ammunition (ammunition is also available for purchase when you register)
- Quality optic with a ranging reticle, i.e. Horus H59, Tremor 3, or EBR-7C, etc. If you have questions about an optic, please reach out and we are happy to assist.
- Shooting mat
- Notebook and pencil
- Cleaning equipment (solid rod, solvent, patches, lubricant)
- Hearing and eye protection
- Drinking water
- Weather appropriate clothing including rain gear (We shoot rain, shine, cold or hot.)
- Barrett monopod
- Sand sock/ Rear bag
- Knee and elbow pads
- Spotting scope
- Insect repellent
- Hat, sunblock, & SPF lip balm
As with all our training, you can also contract Barrett to hold courses at your facility. Private and custom courses are also available for military/police entities. For more information, contact email@example.com.
Lodging is not provided. Lunch is provided for our courses and is included with the tuition. Lodging is available at the NRA Whittington Center or at Arena Training Facility but is subject to availability.
110 rounds of ammunition are included in the price of the following rental rifles. Pricing is subject to change due to ammunition availability and market prices. Please email or call in to reserve rental rifles. Training@barrett.net
.50 BMG: 600.00