Long Range 2 is taught over a three-day period and can be taken immediately following successful completion of LR1. Participants will begin with confirming zero at known distances, then work into the challenges of shooting at unknown distances reaching or exceeding 1500 yards.
This class is for the .416/.50 caliber rifles only. Rental rifles are not available to be used during this course. You must own your own rifle and equipment. *Barrett’s Long Range 1 is a prerequisite for this course.
Course topics include:
• External ballistics
• Data collection
• Range estimation
• Wind estimation
• Live fire on unknown-distance range
Class begins at 8:30 a.m. and generally lasts until 5:30 p.m. (If you plan to travel home by air on the last day, please be prepared to stay in class until 5:30 p.m.)
- Barrett rifle (zeroed at 100 yards)
- A minimum of 150 rounds of ammunition (ammunition is also available for purchase when you register)
- Tactical scope (ranging reticle recommended)
- Shooting mat
- Notebook and pencil
- Cleaning equipment (solid rod, solvent, patches, lubricant)
- Hearing and eye protection
- Drinking water
- Weather appropriate clothing including rain gear (We shoot rain, shine, cold or hot.)
- Barrett monopod
- Sand sock/ Rear bag
- Knee and elbow pads
- Spotting scope
- Insect repellent
- Hat, sunblock, & SPF lip balm
As with all our training, you can also contract Barrett to hold courses at your facility. Private and custom courses are also available for military/police entities. For more information, contact email@example.com.
Lodging is not provided. Lunch is provided for our courses and is included with the tuition. Lodging is available at the NRA Whittington Center or at Arena Training Facility but is subject to availability.