Carbine 1 is a two-day course designed for new or advanced shooters to understand the operational aspects of this smaller, lighter carbine rifle system. Participants will run through various drills on proper weapon handling, manipulation and target engagement.
This class is for the DI or Piston REC7. Rental rifles are not available for use during this course.
Class begins at 8:00 a.m. and generally lasts 4:30 p.m. (If you plan to travel home by air on the last day, please be prepared to stay in class until 4:30 p.m.)
Course Topics Include:
- Weapon system introduction, capabilities and details
- Rifle set up
- Zeroing techniques
- Basic Fundamentals of shooting
- External ballistics
- Practical shooting drills involving standing, kneeling, and prone
- Sights (red dot, low-powered variable optic, or iron sights)
- A minimum of 600 rounds of ammunition, no green tip, AP or steel core.
- 3 magazines with a minimum of 1 wearable magazine pouch
- Cleaning equipment (solid rod, solvent, patches, lubricant)
- Hearing and eye protection
- Drinking water
- Weather appropriate clothing including rain gear (We shoot rain, shine, cold or hot.)
- Chest rig/ plate carrier
- Knee and elbow pads
- Insect repellent
- Hat, sunblock, & SPF lip balm
As with all our training, you can also contract Barrett to hold courses at your facility. Private and custom courses are also available for military/police entities. For more information, contact email@example.com.
Lodging is not provided. Lunch is provided for our courses and is included with the tuition. Lodging is available at the NRA Whittington Center or at Arena Training Facility but is subject to availability and you will need to contact them directly.